Saturday, June 8, 2013

Nellies' First vaccination

The first vaccination.

Today was the first time that Nellie is gonna get her vaccination with us. Excluding the one at the hospital as we did not need to witness the whole process.

The 'execution ground' was at KKH, due to many factor, we decided to have it at KKH instead of going back to the private PDs.

Her turn came.

The nurses told me that i have to hold her hands tight, and at the same time, they will inject BOTH the needles into BOTH her thighs. My heart was thumping fast!

I was like, are you sure, you want me to hold her?? I cant imagine what if she fidgets and the needle poke wrongly or whatever. Many thoughts raced across my mind. Still, i got to hold her. Cant run away.

The nurses counted. 1,2,3.

And both needles went in. As they put the syringe, Nellie let out a LOUD cry. Yes, so loud that my heart drop all the way to the floor. At that instance, i almost cried with her. HAHA. Sounds drama right. But it was just so heart wrenching to see your dearest little fellow, being poke and cried her lungs out.

As adult, we cant even tolerate the pain of ONE needle poking into our arms. Much less, an infant.

After it was done, Nellie cried for barely a minute and she fall back into deep sleep.

She was such a brave girl!

However, the vaccines did no good to me.

She was cranky the whole day, and wants me to carry her. To make things worse, she ran a fever in the night. And did not have any appetite to drink milk.

But she had a good night sleep. 6 hours straight! I hope that her sleeping pattern will hence be 6 hours straight every night!

Nellie, you are one awesome baby, you dont fuss or cry for no apparent reason, you only fuss when mummy did not feed you on time. (Whoops)
Even with the vaccinations, you let out a loud wail, but very quickly, you stopped and went back to sleep. You did not throw up your oral vaccine as well! Mummy and daddy are so proud of you!

No comments: