Friday, February 3, 2017

Nessa Birth

Fast forwards, 9 months passed. 36 weeks flew by in a blink of an eye.

We were all in the mood for CNY still. Nessa was pretty awesome, knew that her mummy wanna enjoy the festive food first, despite the contractions that i encountered from 35 weeks onward and she was lying pretty low, we lasted till 37 weeks.

To be honest, this CNY was pretty nerve wrecking as we have that constant fear that i might go into labour at any point of time. However, it turns out Nessa loves mummy alot that she allows me to enjoy food first.

On the eve of CNY, i went for my routine checkup, and was scheduled for the next visit 1 week later. However, being 7th day of CNY, we supposed to have dinner with Hui Juan Gugu and all, i wanted to go see Doc John then followed by dinner, but the thought of having to watch Nellie alone was no fun. So i decided to push the appointment 1 day ahead.

Knowing that labour day was drawing near, i make plans to clean up punggol before delivering. But lo and behold, Doc John told me, i already dilated. It was 2cm, i could wait till following Mon. Which was the 6 of Feb. But if not for the husband travelling for work, i really would have choose to deliver that day.

The other option was to induce her out. And so, that was the decision. I was told to admit into the hospital the next day for induction. It was pretty exciting as i didnt had this with Nellie. It was the last day Nellie being the only child left, and quickly promoted to be an elder sister.



The next morning, i send Nellie to school, with the last time that she gets all the attention to herself.

The hubs and I then went for my last 'Supper' before i dont get to eat again.


Not a very fanciful breakfast, but i could not eat much either, so since this is the hubs fav food. We just settle for it.

The clinic called and ask me to go in to see Doc John before admitting into the suite. So quickly had our breakfast, drove to Clara office and passed her some APs for distribution, before heading down to Gleneagles.

Went straight into the clinic and Doc John another check, and shared that the dilation is progressing, from the mere 2cm, now is almost 3cm. Without much hesitation, we went to the hospital delivery suite and get myself warded.

After filling up the forms and getting changed, in a span of about 30mins, we saw Dr John pooping by. And very quickly, he burst my water bag and *ouchs*, a gush of water came dripping out of me.

Next i was to clear my bowels with that not so fantastic gel that went into me. *shudders*

Oh, did i mentioned that while all this procedures were done, i was in the waiting room instead of the delivery suite.

But i really would prefer Gleneagles, the nurse was so nice, so allowed me to shower and wash myself up after the water flowed. Next was to inject myself with antibiotics and whatever drip, when we were done, finally the delivery suite was available, and instead of being wheeled there, Doc asked for me to slowly walk there. And i was pretty thankful for the walk as it eased the contractions slightly. Upon reaching the suite, i chose to sit instead of lying down as lying down intensified the pain. Before long, i felt my threshold was running low, and with this time, i was determined to not use epidural, i asked for pethidine. The nurse informed that the effect will only kick in 20 mins later, and if i want epidural later, i may not have enough time. With only determination in me, i bucked up my courage and said no to epidural.

After injecting the jab, barely 10mins later, i felt so drowsy and sleepy. With the pain slightly elevated, i napped. I remembered the time i slept was about 4pm, as i wanted to watch TV.

A nagging dull pain and some chattering sound aroused me up from my sleep. I heard the husband talking on the phone and telling the nurse i slept for about over an hour. Not long after, i woke up.

I check my surrounding and the time, it was about 530pm. The nurse came in, before i know anything the pain took over me, and my mind just went blank for awhile. I remembered asking for some ice, to distract myself from the contractions. And the nurse warned that i better not push as i might lacerate myself if i had not dilate fully. She quickly put me down as the pain was so bad and the urge to push was so strong i sat up, she checked my dilation. She mentioned that i was only somewhere 7 to 8cm dilated, so i am not to push. Now come to think of it, i probably was close to 10cm dilated.

She informed that Doc John is on the way and would probably need another 10 mins or so before he arrived. And prior to his arrival, i am not to push but to bear with the pain. I wanted to scold, but nothing could come out of my mouth. Time check 5.40pm.

Dr John came running in and getting dressed while i was told to lie down. He gave the green light that i can start pushing, he then started to wash me and i heard a snip. But the pain was so unbearable, i couldnt feel what he had done. I started pushing, and just kept pushing. The hub told me, carry on, he can see the baby's head already, baby has a full head of hair. And before i know it, Nessa arrived.





Time Born : 1802hrs
Length : 49cm
Weight : 3116gm

Totally in love with this cutie!

No comments: