Thursday, September 18, 2014

Con of being a SAHM

 
  

Been away from this space for an extremely long time.

Not that i am lazy, but Nellie, ahem doesnt grant me time alone, much less, typing away in peace.

Today would marks my 9th month as a SAHM. Honestly, as much as my entire being would like to say that i enjoyed being one, there are days i just hated disliked being one.

WHY?

As much as there are many reasons that many mothers out there would like to be a SAHM, some reasons that we overlooked are:


1.       There is nothing to look forward to. Why do I say so? By right we look forward to seeing our kids meeting their development milestones. And yes, at the start, you really do. Witnessing the first time they took their first crawl, first steps, first feeding and etc. There will be a time that they dont really have anything to achieve. I mean, that BIG thing for them. So every single day would be very mundane.

2.      You got no where to go, and also because of the lack of income, you cant be heading out every single day. So the only place you hang out the most is your house, your bedroom.

3.      Some painful days. For me, my most painful days are when Nellie hits her teething period. Oh, seriously. Each time she is to have some pearly white ones coming out, its alaways 4 at a go. Trust me, 4 at a go is a KILLER! She would refuse food, refuse sleep, refuse water, refuse milk and the list can go on. And all she does is CRY, wanting to be carried. I am no fan of teething process. And this would usually last up till a week. Just me and a crying baby with no help is no joke at all.

4.      Nellie gets so attached to me, that i cant even go toilet in PEACE. The moment i close the door, bam! The crying starts. And must less to say, leaving her at home and i head out to recharge myself, she would be crying as though i have just abandon her. That makes going out tough as well as the person caring for the baby tough.

The list can go on.

But there are really some nice reasons that you will forgo everything and just want to be with our little ones. Which i am not listing here.

Anyway, i am still gonna continue to be a SAHM for some reasons. I pray that God maintains my sanity!

Till i get the chance to blog again! Ending off with peektures of the princess.



























No comments: