Wednesday, April 17, 2013

10th day of motherhood

Entering into the 10th day of motherhood. Its a bittersweet feeling.

I miss days where i am all alone, just I, ME, MYSELF.

After getting married, another person entered into my life. It became, I, Him and Us.

Now with the baby that comes along, it is now, She, Him and I.

The sequence now all are different. Not like the past anymore.

Now, life revolves around, pumping, and more pumping.

This is because i still have the confinement lady with me. Very soon, it will be all about changing diaper, pumping, feeding, bathing and more changing.

Honestly, how's life as a mother.

The whole thing has yet to sink in apart from the breastfeeding. The painful process.

I dont get to see baby as often as many people claim ownership of her. I dont get to carry her as much, as im always told that i need more rest, i cant carry load, so on and so forth.

Now that i am still in confinement, i would rather go through the pain of labour then confinement.

At least, i still have epidural to numb the pain. But in confinement, i got to endure so many things.

The logic of no washing hair, minimal bathing, only using boiled water to wash hand, eating all the gingery food. And worse, the constant war path of 2 elderly ladies.

I always wonder, is there a short cut to confinement? Just like epidural.

I haven found an answer to this.

No comments: