Saturday, April 20, 2013

Confinement

My first ever confinement.

And like all other new parents, we engaged the service of a confinement lady. The original one that we engaged did not turned up due to baby's early arrival.

So she recommended us one.

The first time when i first met this aunty, i thought she was not bad. Seems knowledgeable and friendly.

However, after going through the first few days with her, i realised i was so wrong.

Aunty J could not get along with my mother in law and will constantly in disagreement with her. No heated argument but she will always complaint to me that my mother in law is too controlling and gave too many instructions, even comments.

I will try to pacify her by telling that maybe because this is the first grandchild, as such, a little more anxious and worried for the well being.

But aunty J never stop. She literally drove me nuts with the many complaints that she has for my mother in law, and yet at the same time, my mother in law would come and 'feedback' that Aunty J is lazy and rude. Does not do her job properly.

However, on the 11th day, she called it quits. She resigned

Honestly, i read so many people writing on forum that how tough it was to go though without the help of a confinement lady and searching for one at such a last minute, was even more tough.
I never thought this would happen to me.

She left us on the very day she told me she wants to resign. I was left alone to manage my baby that day. Many things we arent sure what is going on, what to expect and so on. So we just have to guess and try.

Of cos i probably cannot survive without the help of the confinement lady. So the person who recommended us Aunty J told us she gotten us a replacement and will come the very next day.

When this aunty arrives, she looks more jovial and easy going.

More hygienic and seems to be very experienced in handling babies.

With her, things seems to be so much more easy.

This Aunty, name Aunty F. Would always talk to me and make me feel so at ease. She herself is a grandma, thus can comprehend the feelings of my in laws. After all, Nellie is their very first grandchild and more so, a grand daughter.

I hope things will get better!!



No comments: